Sunday, May 22, 2011

Picture Perfect Frame

I made this cute photo clip frame today!! I just bought several bunches of flowers Saturday to make flower hair clips. I only needed the flowers so I had all these stem bunches laying on my desk! I am a pack-rat and hate waste!! LOL It's very sad!! So I took a frame a had spray painted black (and forgot it out on the porch and it got rained on and the paint started flaking off) and fancied it up! There is also a How-To on how I made the flowers! I got the idea from Photolicious when I was browsing their blog! Here is the link to their blog where I saw the flowers:



Here is the finished product!




This is the paper I used! I love BasicGrey!



The instructions @ Photolicious uses and ever 3/4 inch strip of paper. I tapered mine!



Spray your paper with some water so you can fold it without it ripping!!




Accordion fold you paper as you turn it in a circle.

(Here is mine all folded and laid out flat)





Here it is back in the "circle"





Hot glue works the best to glue it to a scrap of paper to hold it together.





I used some self adhesive pearl halves I had as centers




Here is my weathered frame courtesy of Mother Nature!!

I sanded the edges to age it a little more!





The stems deflowered and ready to share their leaves and other cute parts!





I glued the leaves first




Then a couple big flowers




Next a some filler




I added a piece of the same paper I used for the flowers for the background

I hot glued it in so it didn't get saggy later!




I had made extra flowers so I added those too!!

I really need someone to tell me to stop sometimes!!




The Karen Foster clip




Hot glued to the corner of the frame




TaDa!!! Finished!!




Blistered but happy how it turned out!!

Thanks for looking and happy crafting!

No comments:

Post a Comment